A woman injured during a shooting rampage that ended at Santa Monica College on Friday afternoon has died, officials from Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center said.
Two other people have been confirmed dead inside a home that was set on fire in Santa Monica, law enforcement sources said.
Authorities  said a gunman allegedly set the home on fire, opened fire on several cars and appeared to try to carjack two vehicles. One of the attempted carjackings occurred near the campus library and college police station.
The suspect fled to the library, where he was wounded by police, the sources added.
The FBI and Santa Monica police are trying to piece together the sequence of the attack, which prompted the lockdown of Santa Monica College and all schools throughout the city.
Students who were studying in the library described a scene of terror, which many people hiding under tables.
Dustin Hahn, 25, a photo and business major, said he was in the back of the library when the shots were fired.

He had been there since 9 a.m. studying and taking an online final. He said he was almost finished with the test when he was jolted out of his concentration.

"First thing I heard was a really loud boom. It sounded kind of like a bomb," he said. Hahn said there had been a lot of construction going on around the area of campus, so he didn't think much of it.

But he said some students around him took off running. He kept sitting at his table. Nothing happened for about a minute, and some students had even started walking back to their seats.

"Suddenly, I started hearing screaming and kids closer to the front of the library running back. And then I heard shots fired," Hahn said.

Hahn said he heard seven piercing loud shots before he realized he needed to run.

'"I ran like 10 feet, and ran back to grab my laptop," he said.

"At first I was terrified, I was shaking," he said. "I really don't know what to say. What to think. It's never been this close to me. I mean, we had a couple prank calls this year, a few false alarms on other campuses. So I didn't really think it could happen here."