Sunday, June 8, 2014

Malaysian Flight 370 Mystery June 8 , 2014 -- Recent alleged sighting raise questions as to whether they may be legit or sad hoaxes for motivations unknown ? The NZ man who spotted what may have been the burning missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 off the coast of Vietnam was sacked from his position on an oil rig after reporting the incident. ......Katherine Tee, 41, was on night watch on the deck of her yacht in early March when she claims she saw a plane surrounded by bright orange lights and with a tail of black smoke pass above her.She only recently reported her sighting to the Joint Agency Co-ordination Centre in Australia because she said she and her husband were not talking and she did not think anyone else would believe her. McKay said his sighting was over the South China Sea, which would place it around 2000 kilometres away from Tee's sighting. He was unsure if MH370 could have flown that far: "How far can a burning aeroplane fly?"

Sunday, 08 June 2014 09:44

SINISTER SACKING OF NZ MAN QUICKENS PLOT: Is MH370 in Indian Ocean or SOUTH CHINA SEA?

Rate this item
(4 votes)

SINISTER SACKING OF NZ MAN QUICKENS PLOT: Is MH370 in Indian Ocean or SOUTH CHINA SEA?
The NZ man who spotted what may have been the burning missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 off the coast of Vietnam was sacked from his position on an oil rig after reporting the incident.
Mike McKay was working on the Songa Mercur oil rig off the Vietnamese coast in March when the Boeing 777 jet with 239 passengers and crew went missing.
McKay sent an email to his employers after he saw what he believed to be a burning plane, which was leaked to the media.
Following the publication of his email, name and place of work, the rig operator, Idemitsu, and McKay's contractor and rig owner, Songa Offshore, were inundated with inquiries that blocked their communications, McKay said.
"This became intolerable for them and I was removed from the rig and not invited back."
South China Sea NOT Indian Ocean?

CLICK TO READ: 'I SAW MH370 BURST INTO FLAMES' - NZ oil rig worker

McKay said he was paid up until the end of his hitch, or work period, but released from the rig five days early.
The subcontractor that he was working under, M-I Swaco, said McKay was being released early as it had a local-salary engineer to take his place, he said. "Contracts meant little in the oil field," McKay said. "The oil patch is a rough, unforgiving game."
The drilling fluids consultant has worked mostly in Southeast Asia for the past 35 years and in Vietnam waters almost continuously since 2008. He is now back in New Zealand and is waiting for a new contract.
McKay saw what he believed to be a burning plane at high altitude, which appeared to be in one piece. "I believe I saw the Malaysian Airlines plane come down. The timing is right."
In his email he described his exact location on the oil rig, the compass bearing of where the plane was in relation to the rig, the approximate distance of the plane from the rig, the surface current and wind direction. The plane was off the normal flight path, he said, explaining he knew that because "we see the contrails every day".
He signed off the email with "good luck" followed by his full name and New Zealand passport number.
Vietnam abandoned search, while M'sian & Aussie authorities snubbed McKay
Vietnamese officials interviewed McKay in Vung Tau and were going to act on his sighting but the search moved to the Andaman Sea two days after the interview, McKay said. But neither the Malaysian nor Australian search teams had been in touch, he said.
McKay also made a statement to New Zealand Police for Interpol on his return home.
Last week another person, a woman sailing between India and Thailand in early March, came forward and told Australian authorities she may have seen the missing airliner on fire on the same day as McKay, but in a different location.
GOOD QUESTION: Can a burning plane fly? Or is sailor's Indian Ocean sighting another hoax?
Katherine Tee, 41, was on night watch on the deck of her yacht in early March when she claims she saw a plane surrounded by bright orange lights and with a tail of black smoke pass above her.
British sailor: I saw missing Malaysia flight MH370
Katherine Tee, 41, claims she may have seen the missing plane (Picture: Supplied)
Image from Katherine Tee's blog showing where the sighting was made.
Image from Katherine Tee's blog showing where the claimed sighting was made.
She only recently reported her sighting to the Joint Agency Co-ordination Centre in Australia because she said she and her husband were not talking and she did not think anyone else would believe her.
McKay said his sighting was over the South China Sea, which would place it around 2000 kilometres away from Tee's sighting. He was unsure if MH370 could have flown that far: "How far can a burning aeroplane fly?"
The ongoing search for the missing airliner raised a lot of unanswered questions, he said. "The investigators do not inspire trust." - http://tvnz.co.nz

MH370 FOUND? Or are search authorities pulling another FAST ONE?

'I SAW MH370 BURST INTO FLAMES' - NZ oil rig worker




http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/06/08/MH370-families-crowdfunding-whistleblower-reward/


Published: Sunday June 8, 2014 MYT 2:53:00 PM
Updated: Sunday June 8, 2014 MYT 4:10:48 PM

MH370: Families initiate crowdfunding campaign to raise money to reward potential 'whistleblower'

   
KUALA LUMPUR: Several families of those aboard Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will launch a crowdfunding campaign on Sunday to raise US$5mil (RM16.1mil) to reward any insider who comes forward and resolves the mystery of the plane's disappearance exactly three months ago.
The "Reward MH370" campaign launches on fundraising website Indiegogo at 8pm Sunday, and aims to raise at least US$5mil "to encourage a whistleblower to come forward with information", the families said in a press release.
The plane lost contact on March 8 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people aboard - about two-thirds of them Chinese.
The Boeing 777 is believed to have crashed in the southern Indian Ocean, but an extensive search has turned up no sign of wreckage so far, leaving families of those aboard frustrated and anguished.
"We are convinced that somewhere, someone knows something, and we hope this reward will entice him or her to come forward," said Ethan Hunt, a technology company chief who is heading the "Reward MH370" project.
Sarah Bajc, partner of American passenger Philip Wood, said a handful of families were behind the campaign to look at the unprecedented aviation mystery with "a fresh set of eyes".
"Governments and agencies have given it their best shot but have failed to turn up a single shred of evidence, either because of a faulty approach or due to intentional misdirection by one or more individuals," she said in the release.
Malaysia and Australia, which is leading the search off its western coast, have promised that the hunt for the plane will continue.
An international team is now determining an expanded search zone of up to 60,000 sq km, based on where the aircraft last communicated with an Inmarsat satellite.
Australia has also released a request for tenders for a company to be engaged as a prime contractor and provide the expertise, equipment and vessels needed to carry out the deep-sea search from August.
Malaysia has taken the brunt of criticism from upset relatives.
The Southeast Asian country has insisted it is doing all it can and working closely with Australia, China and other countries to find the jet. - AFP
Published: Thursday June 5, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Thursday June 5, 2014 MYT 7:47:04 AM

Hisham: Mission to find MH370 still in southern Indian Ocean

   
KUALA LUMPUR: The search for missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 is to remain in the southern corridor despite the failure to locate the aircraft’s black box in the southern Indian Ocean.
Acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said although the search area would be re-evaluated, the hunt was still going to be in the southern Indian Ocean.
“The issue of it being in the southern corridor was never disputed but the question is where. We will rely on the expertise of all those involved to figure out a new search area,” he told reporters after a meeting with four of the ministerial committees set up to handle the crisis here yesterday.
Last week, the authorities had said that the pings previously picked up by search vessels did not belong to the aircraft’s black box and the Australian Transport Safety Bureau had discounted the vicinity as the location of the plane.
Hishammuddin said at least six private companies, including Petronas, Boustead and Deftech, had entered into an open tender to help search for the plane.
On a statement by a British sailor that she saw a plane on fire flying overhead while she was crossing the Indian Ocean in March, Hisham­muddin said that all claims would be looked into.
“However, I wish to remind everyone that of all the numerous claims we have received, so far nothing has been proven,” he said.